Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fuller BRAIN ~ who knew the title of the blog would have even more meaning!

Crazy Days!
It has been nearly 4 weeks since I have been to work.  I am missing my students terribly, as well as the routine of teaching and hanging out with my friends during lunch and recess (I know I sound like one of the kiddos when I say it that way... :))
I had a large pituitary tumor removed just before Valentine's day, and have been on the mend.  Good news is that it is not cancerous and that I will recover. Bad news is that they had to shave most of my hair off (which is upsetting and makes me scared to go back to work) and go in through the top of my head near my forehead to get in, so it is taking longer to recover than we had originally thought. I have been super tired and have spent WAY too much time watching home renovation and cooking shows on TV.
I have some appointments with each of my doctors this week to see about getting back to real life.  I'm hoping to be deemed healthy and strong.  I am feeling stronger. Not quite back to where I was (I mean, there was a doctor poking around in my brain after all... :/ ), but for sure stronger. 
It is still kind of freaky to think about, so I try not to, lol. Good old denial.  
Anyhow, I have missed field trips, fractions, and our electricity unit.  I hope my kiddos have been working hard and learning loads of new things.  I know that they have missed me, and I have missed them.
Hopefully I will be back soon!
Mrs. Fuller


No comments:

Post a Comment